[SOLVED] Issue with ZOTAC 1070 please help

Feb 22, 2020
ZOTAC 1070
I’ve bought a 1070 yesterday and installed the latest drivers and everything it needed but I’m having an issue that is when I start my pc the fans from the gpu don’t spin at all but when in game they start spinning is that an issue or is it usual
My specs are
MOBO: AsRock A320 HDV
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Ram
PSU 700W
GPU 1070 8GB
HDD 1TB

Solution
No problem, happy to help. If you want to make sure everything is fine, you can download a program like GPU-z. You can track the GPU temperatures and the fans should kick on when they reach a certain point. A good temperature for a GPU under load is around 60-65 degrees C. If you see your GPU around 85-90 degrees C all the time, then there is an issue.

If your questions have been answered, please pick an answer so the thread will be considered solved. Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope this helps :)

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

Overall, I wouldn't be too worried about it. What specific brand and model GPU are you using? Some manufacturers design the fans to only turn on when the die or VRMs reach a specific temperature. This is because the heatsinks are sometimes large enough to keep the cards cool at idle. Keeping the fans off keeps the noise down when not in use. Hope this helps! :)

Feb 22, 2020
Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

Overall, I wouldn't be too worried about it. What specific brand and model GPU are you using? Some manufacturers design the fans to only turn on when the die or VRMs reach a specific temperature. This is because the heatsinks are sometimes large enough to keep the cards cool at idle. Keeping the fans off keeps the noise down when not in use. Hope this helps! :)
The brand is Zotac if I’m no wrong. Thank you it helped a lot I thought that was something wrong with it

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
No problem, happy to help. If you want to make sure everything is fine, you can download a program like GPU-z. You can track the GPU temperatures and the fans should kick on when they reach a certain point. A good temperature for a GPU under load is around 60-65 degrees C. If you see your GPU around 85-90 degrees C all the time, then there is an issue.

If your questions have been answered, please pick an answer so the thread will be considered solved. Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: DimitriP
Solution