Not open for further replies.

PurgererOmega

BANNED
Nov 2, 2020
Specs:

i3-9100
UHD 630
12GB Ram (8+4) DDR4 2666Mhz

Here's the thing, I've got about 30€ at the moment and I don't know whether I should buy an 8GB stick of ram so that I can have equal speed memory running in dual-channel or a cheap GPU.

I don't have a 6 pin in my PSU so my only choice are low profile cards like the Radeon 77xx Series.

I will eventually buy a better PSU and GPU but for now, I'm stuck with this and 30€ is the top of my budget.

Solution
I'm presuming the memory is running in Flex Mode, so 8GB is running in dual channel while the last 4 is single channel.

In any case, adding more RAM to the system won't increasing the iGPU performance, you'd have to get faster RAM. And even then, you could probably buy or come close to buying a video card with how much it would cost to replace the RAM with faster RAM. However, 30€ is not enough to buy a decent video card that's worth getting, if you can find anything at all at that price.

So basically, come back when you have saved up say 100-150€
I'm presuming the memory is running in Flex Mode, so 8GB is running in dual channel while the last 4 is single channel.

In any case, adding more RAM to the system won't increasing the iGPU performance, you'd have to get faster RAM. And even then, you could probably buy or come close to buying a video card with how much it would cost to replace the RAM with faster RAM. However, 30€ is not enough to buy a decent video card that's worth getting, if you can find anything at all at that price.

So basically, come back when you have saved up say 100-150€

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.