SierraArgo

Reputable
May 25, 2017
So I have recently ran into a problem activating memory integrity for Windows 10. For one reason or another I had disabled it, and when I went to reactivate it, I was informed by a wonderfully vague notification that I have some form of incompatibility. I do not believe this to be the case, since I had been running it before with no issue. I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this? I can't seem to figure out whats wrong.

I run a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K5 ax370 with a Ryzen 1600x. Virtualization and fTPM both are on.

Solution
Could be about anything without full Hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI) compliance, from Bluetooth to printers, Asmedia USB or Realtek sound, but Logitech is a notorious offender. When Windows installs a build it may decide an older WHQL driver on WindowsUpdate is better than your newer driver.

The only suggestion I've seen is to disable them one at a time until it works.

SierraArgo

Reputable
May 25, 2017
If one of the drivers you have updated to since then is incompatible it won't work. Also, if you have installed any virtual machine software.
Would you have any idea what drivers could be responsible? I don't remember personally updating any, but I did recently update Windows 10 to the newest version.

Could be about anything without full Hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI) compliance, from Bluetooth to printers, Asmedia USB or Realtek sound, but Logitech is a notorious offender. When Windows installs a build it may decide an older WHQL driver on WindowsUpdate is better than your newer driver.

Solution

SierraArgo

Reputable
May 25, 2017

At that point, would you say it is even worth the trouble?

It's just a security thing, and I'll admit I don't use Windows 10 for anything that requires security anyway so that would make no difference to me! Not like this is something useful like ECC--that can at least prevent corruption.

Despite coming with 1803 it's still pretty beta-ish and there are many reports of issues with stuttering and latency when it is working. So no, it's not worth it yet when it's still half-baked.

SierraArgo

Reputable
May 25, 2017
It's just a security thing, and I'll admit I don't use Windows 10 for anything that requires security anyway so that would make no difference to me! Not like this is something useful like ECC--that can at least prevent corruption.

Despite coming with 1803 it's still pretty beta-ish and there are many reports of issues with stuttering and latency when it is working. So no, it's not worth it yet when it's still half-baked.
Sounds good to me. Perhaps one day it will decide to work properly.