Issues after attempting install Ubuntu Gnome

youstolemylaptop

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Hey,

I decided to attempt to dual boot Linux today after leaving the Linux community quite a few years ago.

I download Pop OS originally, and installed it alongside windows 10. I tried to enter Pop OS but for some reason it was crashing on me, so I said screw this im going to install Ubuntu Gnome, because no one runs into issue with ubuntu.

So I did as I said, and once it booted into the usb drive, it was just a blue screen, no installation screen pop up or anything. I restarted the computer twice, and tried to boot back into the usb drive. Still no installation screen. All it showed was a blue background, showed the top taskbar with time, and other information that didn't really matter at the time. But still no installation pop up screen.

So I just said screw it maybe its not meant to be. I restart the computer, and now its not showing my BIOS splash screen anymore so I can access my BIOS, nor select an installation drive. It's just a black screen for a while, and then it loads into windows 10. Please help because I do want to install Ubuntu again!

Let me know if there's any additional information you might need.

If this isn't posted in the correct section, please move it mods!

These are my specs:
MSI Z270-A
i5-7600k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
ASUS ROG GTX 1060
Samsung Evo 850 1tb SSD