Question Issues after installing new RX 6800 XT Gpu

Nov 21, 2020
I got myself a founders edition RX 6800 XT this week and started encountering issues while gaming. Ive noticed a few different issues happening: Firstly many games just crash to windows after maybe 5-10 of playing it without any error messages. (Temperatures seem to be stable while its happening). Meanwhile ive noticed that my CPU might spike and my power usage is on "very high". I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Theres also this issue when booting windows and getting to desktop i get a feint and quick "fatal error" sound from windows and im worried why this is.
I dont know if its just me but after my old GTX 1080 ti my games also look more grainy.
Ive used DDU to uninstal all Nvidia drivers and used it also to un- and reinstall drivers for my AMD card.
Windows has also been reinstalled from withing windows but im willing to try clean reinstal from the flash drive if necessary
Im really confused of what is actually causing these issues as my friend who got the same card didnt encounter any of these.

Specs:
AMD 3700 x
RX 6800 XT
32gb DDR4 ram
Asrock x570 phantom gaming 4
860 W Fractal PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently working with on your motherboard? Might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on as well. Might it be possible what the game titles you're taxing the system with is?

Speaking of tax, Fractal is the brand of the PSU and 860W is the wattage. What model is the unit and how old is it? By any chance do you have the Ion Platinum rated PSU in your build?

Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently working with on your motherboard? Might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on as well. Might it be possible what the game titles you're taxing the system with is?

Speaking of tax, Fractal is the brand of the PSU and 860W is the wattage. What model is the unit and how old is it? By any chance do you have the Ion Platinum rated PSU in your build?
Thank you!

Im working with the newest bios version (3.42 ). The windows version im running on is 1909. The games where i encountered this issue where Warzone once but mostly Warframe witch is my main title. Games like Dota 2 and CSGO seem to run without issues.
And yes i do have the Ion Platinum in my build and its pretty much brand new maby 2 weeks