[SOLVED] Issues after updationg to build 2001

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
my last update before 2001 build win 10 pro was working fine for 3 years just some messed up files and i felt the need for updating. So I installed build 2001 win 10 pro and after that NO steam game is working, crashing after launch or after 4 5 min with gfx glitch. Some non steam games are using way much cpu and ram than before and pc is restarting after overloading. Tried switching drivers for GTX 1070 from old versions to new ones, checked my other sound drivers aswell. Screen starts distorting images from middle of the screen and suddenly crashes. This all started happening after my update. I cant figure whats the real issue and should I roll back to build 1909 or there must be something else messing this up. C drive in which win lies was formatted properly before reinstalling, its a whole SSD with C drive and no other partition, whole SSD dedicated to C drive. Kindly help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Might I ask where you sourced your installer for Windows 10?

There was no 2001, there was however a version 2004. Also, if you're working with Windows 10, you should be on version 20H2. You won't be able to roll back the version since the only way for Windows 10 is...well, forward.

I'd advise on backing up your critical data, create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then reinstall your OS. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan

There was no 2001, there was however a version 2004. Also, if you're working with Windows 10, you should be on version 20H2. You won't be able to roll back the version since the only way for Windows 10 is...well, forward.

I'd advise on backing up your critical data, create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then reinstall your OS. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
depends how long ago he updated, lutfi, can roll back to 1909 if its within 10 days of the update.

look in settings/update & security/recovery
if it says roll back to previous version, try that.

He probably means 20H1 which is 2004, updater tends to grab version updates one at a time, not drag people on 1903 onto 20H2. I helped one guy last week and he got 38gb of updates along way as he started from an older version.

You can't stop going forward but we can perhaps update drivers before you do.

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

you're right its 2004 my bad! But i reinstalled win10 and bios is updated tried diff drivers from 300 to 400 series. no luck