Question Issues Connecting to Samsung AU8000 43" LED TV from desktop

JKHonea

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
Hoping someone can help on this. I have a new Samsung 43" LED connected to my desktop via HDMI to my motherboard HDMI output. The problem that arises is there seems to be no consistency in how to get it to connect to the computer. Sometimes it comes on when the computer comes on with no issue, other times I can't get a connection again until it decides to.

I've tried selecting source on the TV when the computer is running and every once in awhile it works. Then when I try it by restarting, it will show the initial boot up screen but then when Windows 11 comes in to the password screen, it loses the connection. Once I have the connection it usually holds but again, not always.

The intermittent part is what's frustrating. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason for getting a consistent connection.

Any advice on this would be GREATLY appreciated because when it works, it looks brilliant.

Oh and last important fact. I have two 27" monitors that are my primary. This is a third over my lower two to show customers. The lower two have zero connection issues.

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? If Intel processor, please mention the model of the processor. If an AMD processor, please mention the APU's model. As for your platform, does it have a discrete GPU?

JKHonea

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
I apologize, forgot to list that. The motherboard is an Asus B660-Creator Pro Art. Chipset is an Intel i9 12900K. The motherboard does have a discrete GPU and I have an MSI 3090 video card pushing the heavy load. The video card slots are all taken for the two primary monitors, my VR headset connection and a feed established from the output of the video card back to the motherboard. That connection is Displayport, not HDMI. The HDMI I'm using for the 43" come directly from the motherboard HDMI port to the Samsung.

The motherboard is on the current iteration from Asus.

JKHonea

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
So one more component. Unplug the HDMI while the computer is on. And the TV is on. Plug it back in with both on. Then restart the computer and it seems to capture it again.