Question issues getting DDR3 2400 MHz to perform at 2400 MHz

zeKboi

Commendable
Nov 10, 2019
so my (4x8GB) DDR3 Corsair vengeance Pro ram is only performing at 1200 MHz, only half of what it should be! I have followed some guides about how to mainly fix the issue and none worked. i followed a guide that showed me how to increase my voltage to 1.65V and changed the frequency to 2400 MHz in bios. as that brought me from 800 to 1200 MHz its definetly brought me iin the right direction. any other possible solutions?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums.

1200 is the right speed. not the right direction, you have arrived at the target.
Dual Data Rate
1200 X (times) dual data rate =2400
DDR3 1600 runs at 800
DDR4 4200 runs at 2100

no matter what you do you will never acheive a double clock on the RAM, you are pushing the RAM to be 4800, it physically cannot do this.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu-Z really started using Data rate over Dual, and for some odd reason Windows 10 a few months ago decided to switch from Dual to Data rate. So when you look now, it's operating at the correct speeds, just looks odd and requires you to think about it for a second and cut the Dual in half.

Many ppl haven't even seen the change windows made, they haven't looked or noticed, yet, so you are not alone in this discovery.

zx128k

Reputable
Easiest way to find out the Speed of the RAM is in Task Manager. Should state 2400 MHz if you are lucky.

I am using 3800 MHz RAM.

CPU-z shows the single data rate frequency which should be 1900 MHz.

Last edited: