Question Issues getting M.2 drive working as expansion.

Mar 5, 2022
I recently pulled apart my old high school laptop to get the hard drive out of it. Its an M.2 Kingston 256gb drive, which my current board has a slot for.

I plugged it in expecting to boot to my usual SSD where my desktop's version of windows was installed, but instead it booted to the laptop's M.2 drive.

I went to the boot options in Bios, but even there my desktop OS drive isn't listed in the boot order.

I can't reformat the M.2 either, because it just prompts me to reinstall windows, which I don't want, I want a completely fresh drive.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you parse an image of the drive you're working with? As a side note, please parse the specs to your current build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

For the sake of relevance, please check to see the version of your motherboard's BIOS. If you're on Windows 10, the version(not edition) of the OS would help us two fold.

Mar 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you parse an image of the drive you're working with? As a side note, please parse the specs to your current build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

For the sake of relevance, please check to see the version of your motherboard's BIOS. If you're on Windows 10, the version(not edition) of the OS would help us two fold.

Image of the drive: View: https://imgur.com/a/MTmaMTn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3583 Mhz
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: SSD: 110GB (where my OS is installed, cant find manufacturer) HDD: 1TB (same deal, don't know the manufacturer)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super 8GB
PSU: Thermaltake SPD-750AH2NKB-2 750W

TRENDING THREADS