Question Issues installing a GPU.

Mar 3, 2021
system specs.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
MB: MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
PSU: Gigabyte P GM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Trying to install GPU: Msi geforce gtx 1070 seahawk x
Gonna start by saying this is my first system build so I'm not the most knowledgeable on troubleshooting. The system without the GPU functions just fine however when I got the GPU in today and tried to install it I ran into an issue. Whenever I slot it the 1070 i can't get a display from it or the mobo and it buzzez something awful. The system seems to be booting just fine I just can't get a display unless I Uninstall the GPU.

if it seems to boot, then bios doesnt recognize your monitor, either port is faulty or monitor cable isnt sending properly monitor detect signal, u can try another ports (with adapters if needed) or different hdmi/dp cable
or wait till it fully boots , then press some random key so pin/password screen pops up, enter pin or password with enter key to get to desktop (should work even without monitor) and wait for windows to loads drivers for gpu, then monitor should kick in even without monitor detect signal (as long edid eeprom gets 5v from gpu) maybe reboot needed once drivers loaded (see hdd activity led)

Mar 3, 2021
if it seems to boot, then bios doesnt recognize your monitor, either port is faulty or monitor cable isnt sending properly monitor detect signal, u can try another ports (with adapters if needed) or different hdmi/dp cable
or wait till it fully boots , then press some random key so pin/password screen pops up, enter pin or password with enter key to get to desktop (should work even without monitor) and wait for windows to loads drivers for gpu, then monitor should kick in even without monitor detect signal (as long edid eeprom gets 5v from gpu) maybe reboot needed once drivers loaded (see hdd activity led)
Ok will try when I get off work thanks for taking the time to reply. Got the card used but guy said he was using it until recently and all ports worked on it my cords should be fine as well as I can get a display from my igpu as long as the 1070 isn't
installed.

Mar 3, 2021
Just been thinking about it while working. Is it possible its not displaying because of my display settings? I have it set to 1080p 165hz maybe i could try reducing it and see if that helps i suppose...

Mar 3, 2021
Still at work unfortunately, I did however try it from both earlier(tried with both display port and hdmi) the only thing I can get to display is the mobo and only when the 1070 is not installed. Everything is else is working fine so it must be a software issue somewhere id assume