Jun 6, 2022
Having some issues with mounting a hard drive for a server I'm building for a client. I've searched everywhere for Documentation on this specific case but haven't found a lick of anything. One review made on the case even stated their own problems mounting their hard drive, but didn't offer a solution. I was wondering if anyone would have some experience with cases of this type, and could possibly help me out here. It didn't come with any hard drive brackets. I know that the 3 pieces have to come off or connect to a bracket, or be removed entirely. I am just not sure what to do.

imgur album with case pictures
newegg link to case

Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How many drives are you working with and what form factor are said drives?

My assumption is that the plate resting atop of the front intake fans is where you mount the drives.
11-192-399-05.jpg

If the plate mentioned above, does not cater to drives, either in 2.5" or 3.5" form factors, then you're going to have to grab a drive bay adapter for your drives.

Jun 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How many drives are you working with and what form factor are said drives?

My assumption is that the plate resting atop of the front intake fans is where you mount the drives.
11-192-399-05.jpg

If the plate mentioned above, does not cater to drives, either in 2.5" or 3.5" form factors, then you're going to have to grab a drive bay adapter for your drives.

Hi, thank you! Yes, That was my thought as well. However, I have 2 SSDs and 1 HDD to mount. However, the space on that plate is a bit strange. When mounting on the side, you cannot place it on the mounts on either side. Those two screws cause an issue with it being level. With that being said, there is only one mount I can complete which would be in the middle of that plate.

Thank you!

Hi, thank you! Yes, That was my thought as well. However, I have 2 SSDs and 1 HDD to mount. However, the space on that plate is a bit strange. When mounting on the side, you cannot place it on the mounts on either side. Those two screws cause an issue with it being level. With that being said, there is only one mount I can complete which would be in the middle of that plate.

Thank you!
it says two internal 3.5" drives and three external 5.25" (rack mount)
for 2.5 drives you will need bracket
http://athenapower.com/product/ipc-rackmount-chassis/rackmount-accessories/brk-hd322

Jun 6, 2022
it says two internal 3.5" drives and three external 5.25" (rack mount)
for 2.5 drives you will need bracket
http://athenapower.com/product/ipc-rackmount-chassis/rackmount-accessories/brk-hd322

It seems like the space on top of the fans plate, as we were discussing earlier, fits the 3.5" perfectly. It only fits one right now, which is fine since I only have one 3.5". I will have to figure out what to do with the SSDs. I may have to order that bracket. Thank you for your help!

Jun 6, 2022
It looks to me like the drive cage with the three front bays can be removed.
You will need a 5.25 to 3.5" adapter.
Perhaps something like this which can also handle 2.5" ssd devices:
https://www.newegg.com/p/1Z4-029J-00013?Description=5.25 to 3.5 drive bay adapter&cm_re=5.25_to 3.5 drive bay adapter--9SIB0KDFJH2635--Product&quicklink=true

Thank you! That is exactly what I need. This is my first time building a server so the drive bays are foreign to me. I couldn't recognize their use with their size.