Question Issues OC Ram on Asus x570 Tuf Gaming Pro

jming1084

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello. Warning this is long. Having a weird issue getting computer to post with my memory at stock and oc speeds.

Specs
MB asus x570 tuf gaming pro wifi
Bios 3001 (latest version)
Cpu 5900x
Ram gskill 3600C16D-32GVKC

So I went into the bios and enabled docp and the stock setting for my ram auto filled. When I saved that it wouldn't post. I was actually able to figure out a workaround for this. If I use the dcop profile for my ram and drop speed to non oc speed rated for my mb (3200) it would post. I then go to the bios on boot and change the speeds up to my stock setting and even more (currently at 3800) and my computer would boot fine both from reset and shutdown.

My issue. The problem lies whenever I unplug my computer and replug it back in it will not post and show the dram yellow light on the mb. I have to clear the cmos and do the steps above and everything works. If I had to guess there's something screwy with the voltage in bios. Whenever you change the voltage in the bios and exit and save it doesn't actually change the volts till after the mb does its usual checks and boots to bios. Idk what that has to do with being unplugged but that would explain why I have to set non oc speeds and after a reboot I can oc my ram fine.
I know this was long so anyone with ideas I would be grateful. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS