Issues on current build ,suspect it's the motherboard

TitsOrCrits

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have been swapping parts in and out of this PC to serve my needs (light gaming and some video editing + multi media)

PC Specs:
Xeon E3-1245 v1
GA H61M DS2 rev2.2 (latest bios more to the story in a second)
8gb of gddr3 RAM 2x4gb HyperX Beast XMP 1600mhz
Thermaltake 530W Smart SE (80+ gold)
Trion 150 240gb ssd
1TB WD Blue HDD
Gainward GTX 780 Phantom GLH

I got the CPU with the motherboard and at first one pin was bent on the mobo and wouldn't post but I managed to bend it back (it worked for 1 year~ no problems) but then problems started appearing (gpu died or at least I think it's dead ,R9 270), screen went black and couldn't boot into windows since I always got a black screen.

I got the gtx 780 (I don't need better GPUs since I barely play anymore so I got a used GTX 780) , fired it in and I was running (played Rainbox Six Siege on Ultra no problems but after 1h of gaming I was greeted with a freeze ,screen became one color, and the sound was stuck).

I was thinking that this GPU might be dead as well or at least dying. PC then wouldn't post so I got it all apart and breadboarded it. Got it to post and then I got a corrupted bios (duel uefi from gigabyte) and auto repair would start to no avail. Somehow (by jumping it and doing all sort of stuff) got it running and could enter BIOS and decided to plug my ssd (wouldn't recognize it , out of the 6 sata ports only 1 works and when I put in the second stick of ram the pc won't post no matter what I do).

So now I am in windows with 1 stick of ram and only my ssd plugged in , updated the bios to the latest one and thought problems would solve themselves.

They didn't and my ram slot still making my pc to not post and my 5 sata ports dead(checked with different cables). I also bent one pin on the mobo by mistake just slightly (I spent the whole day trying to figure out what is bad and was tired at that point should've just went to sleep) , bent it back and was up and running again.

Plugged in my 780 , installed some light games and heaven benchmark , played crossout just fine , heaven benchmark no crashes or anything for 7 hours straight ( went for a nap and left my pc on to find it still running good).

Later that day I download Rocket league and when playing I got the same frozen single colour screen and stuck sound , restarted ,ran heaven benchmark , 5 minutes into it I get it again.

Tried lowering the clock speeds on the gpu thinking my psu might not be enough (The gpu draws 250w max tdp and the rest of my system again 150-200 tops) after that my desktop started lagging very hard and whenever I clicked on a program it gave me after 10 seconds not responding (after it got back from the frozen state).

Here I am left if my psu is not enough for the 780 , gpu is actually dying or my semi working motherboard is at fault?

I ordered a new motherboard (it is definitely faulty yet working) and namely the Intel DQ67SW (heard they are built like a tank on the forums).

Maybe my pci-e controller or something of that sort got damaged from the bent pins?

Ran Heaven benchmark with my integrated graphics to see if it would crash , yet here I am writing this after 1 hour of non stop heaven benchmark.

As I said when running games the gtx 780 was actually doing fine but then a freeze came and had to restart (no artifacts prior to that , lines, dots or any of that type of stuff)

The PSU isn't strong enough to power the 780 under load?

I really hope it's actually the motherboard at fault but I can't really know since I don't have spare parts and friends aren't really tech savvy.

Maybe someone can shed some light onto my situation.
Ty

TitsOrCrits

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

Guy I got the gtx from said he ran it just fine on a 450 gold psu just fine with pictures.

When I do underclock the GPU my windows starts lagging really bad. Which is kinda stupid if you ask me.

Hopefully the new mobo will solve the issues.