Question Issues on wired connection

Jul 30, 2018
Last few days the wired connection to my pc is randomly disconnecting but the wireless network is working fine without any issues. After starting my pc I'm getting internet but after some times it just randomly disconnects(it shows the yellow icon), it starts working again after I restart my router(don't need to restart windows) but it's getting really annoying. I've tried updating network adapter from device manager and modified the power management option but the problem still persists.

My router is TP-link Archer c60

Operating system is windows 10 if it matters

Also the port is builtin on the motherboard

Before this whole thing happened I did clean my pc with a blower(not sure if that's the case tho)

So any help would be appreciated.

Edit: It seems that once the DHCP lease(as mentioned on my router) hits 0 the connection is interrupted the time is set to 2 hours on default so I have to restart it every 2 hours

Last edited:
When it fail use the IPCONFIG /all. Do this when it is working also so you can tell what if anything has changed.

Something like your IP address maybe timing out but that is just a guess.

If everything looks fine see if you can ping your router ip, it will be the ip on the gateway line in IPCONFIG command.

If you can ping the router then it gets messy because it means your connection to the router is good but traffic will not pass to the internet. Since the WiFi works it rules out many of the problems you can see with the router and the internet. Hopefully this is not the case because it is going to be hard to find, it would have to be some issue with the router or maybe the PC that can pass ping traffic but not other traffic.

Jul 30, 2018
When it fail use the IPCONFIG /all. Do this when it is working also so you can tell what if anything has changed.

Something like your IP address maybe timing out but that is just a guess.

If everything looks fine see if you can ping your router ip, it will be the ip on the gateway line in IPCONFIG command.

If you can ping the router then it gets messy because it means your connection to the router is good but traffic will not pass to the internet. Since the WiFi works it rules out many of the problems you can see with the router and the internet. Hopefully this is not the case because it is going to be hard to find, it would have to be some issue with the router or maybe the PC that can pass ping traffic but not other traffic.
nothing changes in ipconfig/all and the ping result is the same on both

Now you are at the point that the testing says the connection between the PC and the router are fine. So that means the PC thinks the internet is down but you say it is actually up because of the WIFI.

You could leave constant ping run to 8.8.8.8 to see if the internet really is down or not. Be best if you could at the same time ping this ip from say your phone.

Again this is going to be hard if the ping fails but the internet is really functional. This has to be some bug but there really is no way to be sure if it is the PC or the router. Neither is very common. Make sure you do not have any of that lan accelerator software running if it came with your machine. Killer chipset are the most common to have strange issues but any software like that can cause strange problems

Latest posts