Issues overclocking 1600x with Asus b350 (core speed reduction)

Apr 13, 2018
I have a 1600x and an Asus b350 Plus Prime motherboard. Trying to OC the processor. Everything seems set correctly. After the OC I boot into Windows 10 and my processor shows running at 3.8 instead of 3.6. However, when I open HWmonitor it shows each core running at 2200 mhz instead of 3800 mhz. I am using high perf power plan. If I restore my bios to default HWmonitor shows 3600. Even if I use the motherboard's built in OC Tweaker that essentially does all the settings for you the same thing happens.

I am on the latest BIOS. Is there some safety setting that is keeping the processor at its lowest clock speed? This seems to be a popular board but have not been able to find a solution. I have the Ryzen Master Application installed but have not messed with it since installing other than opening it.

For reference I followed this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74gO0e-4-A8

I am at a loss at what could be wrong since there are really only 2 settings for the CPU to OC. Also if it makes a difference I can overclock my RAM just fine. Thanks for any help!

Apr 13, 2018
I was pretty sure it was off.. but I just checked when I got home and the only power saving mode I could find is turned off. Anything else this is really strange?

Apr 13, 2018
I am at a point where I think this must be a bad board or latest BIOS is bugged. Huge bummer since I assembled the computer and probably cant return the board. Even the ASUS pre built OC template that changes everything for you does not work. The proc is OC but stays at 2200 as shown in hwmonitor and master ryzen software. I even watched a full 60 minute Youtube vid from Asus on OC this board and everything is 100% correct. I have a EVGA 600w PSU as well so everything should be more than sufficient. Maybe ditch this and go with MSI?