issues regarding hdd

DRUNKCJ

Reputable
Jun 5, 2017
Long dst and short dst fails but when i check for bad sectors using ease us i get no bad sectors. I used hdd sentinet . it showed that my hdd has 41% health. My laptop is getting slower day by day. Even when i try to open vlc media player my disk usage goes to a hundred with 0.1 mbps speed. I have tried clean install twice. And i get read and write speed of in 300-400 kbps. When i tried to take backup of my files to another disk some files are not found and i had to skip them

Solution
I would recommend you be ready to change the drive.

You will need to create recovery media(if you have not already done so). This recovery media(CD or DVDs) will be used to reinstall Windows to a new drive.

You will also want to backup your files because they will be lost if you perform a recovery(and swapping the drive in your case).

DRUNKCJ

Reputable
Jun 5, 2017

the software is providing this information. now what
Capture.png

At this point it is recommended to backup your data.

Do you have any reallocated as well?

The raw values are base 16(The software can be set to show base 10 if required) so you look to have 144 sectors that drive was unable to read and will remap in the future.

Running a long drive test tends to remap these.

The drive is not that old. You may be able to contact the system maker for warranty service.

DRUNKCJ

Reputable
Jun 5, 2017

so should i go for a new hard disk
when i ran hp uefi diagnostics for long dst i got this failure id : RLJE3R-8BC8Q6-XD7WLK-60UK03

I would recommend you be ready to change the drive.

You will need to create recovery media(if you have not already done so). This recovery media(CD or DVDs) will be used to reinstall Windows to a new drive.

You will also want to backup your files because they will be lost if you perform a recovery(and swapping the drive in your case).

Solution