Question Issues Sharing Internet from my Laptop to my PS4

Mar 4, 2019
So I'm not that brilliant when it comes to Networking or Computers in general...but anyways. I'm tethering my Phone to my Laptop (Windows10) for internet. No issues there at all. But when I try and connect my PS4 to my Laptop to share internet FROM the Laptop to my PS4, I run into problems. I am able to use "Mobile Hotspot" on my Laptop to connect my PS4 with no problems at all. But I want to keep it Ethernet connected because I barely get good enough internet to my phone (2-4Mb download speed and 90-170 ping). When I try and Directly connect it via Ethernet for Internet, I get no internet access. To be specific, my PS4 isn't even the problem. My Ethernet port doesn't get any Network Access at all when I have my "Tethered phone Internet Network Device" enable sharing to my Ethernet Port. I get no Network Access at all. I have tried setting the Ethernet port to match my Tether Network Devices' IP and DNS. I have also tried doing auto IP and DNS settings for the Ethernet port. Neither have worked. Still no Network Access to my Ethernet Port. Whether I plug in my PS3 or PS4 the Ethernet Port sees the device as an unidentified network, and I get No Network Access. I have tried bridging my Tether Device to my PS4/Ethernet port. That just results in my Laptop dropping the Tethered internet. The 2 items are bridged but the Tether Device loses internet access. I have also updated my E2500 Killer Network card to the latest driver to see if that was a problem, but it didn't change anything. As I said, I don't believe this is the PS4s' problem. My Ethernet Port gets no Network Access when I Internet Share. BUT as I said earlier, if I create a Laptop Mobile Hotspot using my Tether Device to share internet with it, The Mobile Hotspot network device gets Network access no problem and I can connect to my PS4...but I would really prefer a direct connect. Someone please help :(

Lutfij

Titan
You should be looking at investing on a router to handle all AP duties as opposed to making your laptop the AP itself. The point where you've mentioned the NIC being of Killer/Qualcomm/Atheros/Broadcomm origin is the reason why you're experiencing the issue. The drivers for said NIC are abysmal and often times work when you don't need them to.

Mar 4, 2019
I do actually have an older Netgear N300. I tried plugging that into my Port and then connecting the PS4 to it on either of the Ethernet Ports. Of course I made sure to Connect the Laptop ethernet to the specific Ethernet Port on the back of the router to give it internet access. But then that Ethernet Port on my Laptop still has no network access. I've tried using a Router, PA4, and a PS3. I thought maybe my Ethernet Port is damaged in some way. But its able to read the Device and show me that it has no Network access. So I'm guessing it's a software or Network Managing Issue for the Network Card. Or maybe Windows 10 sucks poo. Maybe I missed something when using the router. I only messed with it once. Any advice on trying to connect my router to my Laptop Ethernet Port and giving it network access...advice would be nice.