Question issues since installing update today 05/24

gary_murphy101

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
was playing FH4 earlier and noticed there was a update for my nvidia driver. i downloaded and installed and continued to play but was getting black lines and artefacts all over the screen. This happend like a month back with a dodgy update from nvidia and i went back to the previous build and all was good. tried to do the same today but noticed my nvdia control pannel missing and after removing the driver with the program you can download from guru 3d, i can no longer attempt to install the driver from nvidia site as it says standard version is not compatible with this version of windows . tried a few different builds all with the same result. i got fed up and reset windows but still got the same issue now, no nvidia control panel and error when trying to install the driver from the site saying not compatible with your version of windows ..............
RTX 2060
16 gb drr4

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

From your post, I'm assuming you're referring to DDU, if you've indeed used it, try using it again in Safe Mode and see if that aids the cause. As added measure, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

gary_murphy101

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

From your post, I'm assuming you're referring to DDU, if you've indeed used it, try using it again in Safe Mode and see if that aids the cause. As added measure, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
sorry. i5 8600k
asrock z370 pro 4
2x8 gb corsair lpx 2400 ddr4
seagate 500gb HD
rtx2060
windows 10 64 bit
corsair cx430 my power consumption is less than 320w
i game everyday and upload videos to youtube. never a problem. this has happen since updating my nvidia driver earlier today . i have no nvidia control pannel and cannot install any new nvidia drivers as it says the standard version is not compatible with this version of windows 10 when checking system compatibility during installation . i have reset windows and still the exact same issues.

Had this system over a year with 0 issues and the gpu for for 2/3 months

gary_murphy101

Reputable
Jan 6, 2018
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

just removed the driver in safe mode and managed to install the latest nvidia driver. i still have not nvidia control panel though just geforce experience