issues since upgrading to win 7

Adam Bicknell

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hay all
I,d really appreciate some help if anyone can offer it.

On the 24th of Aug i moved from win xp 32 bit to win 7 64bit, i ran the upgrade advisor before hand and it said there was no issues.
Since then my pc is just not working despite my best efforts.
Basically, every program i run shuts down/crashes at random intervals, anything from firefox to ffxiv. Sometimes they will last all day, some times they load then shut down imeadiatley.

It doesnt happen at a certain level of ram usage, ive also changed the ram.

Ive reformatted about 7 times over 4 hdds, tried sata2 and ide.

Ive replaced the gpu with an identical one from my partners pc but that didnt help.

The really annoying thing is when i plug my hdd into her pc, everything runs fine but vice versa, when i plug her hdd in my rig, everything is fine aswell. The only difference is she has 32 bit and an asus mobo where as i have 64 bit and an asrock mobo.

Ive been trying fix after fix and nothing is making any difference and i'd be eternally in debt to anyone who can fix this.

System spec as follows
Asrock 960gs mobo
Athlon II x3 450 processor
Nvidea geforce 8800gt gpu
4 gb ingle stick of ram
Generic 500w psu
No soundcard
R.a.t 5 mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard

Additional symptoms- if i change my windows toolbar colour, it will default at random nd if im playing a game windowed, it will lose focus (i.e. the sound shuts off and i cant move as if id clicked another open window, though no other programs/windows are open)