FreddoFoo

Distinguished
May 13, 2013
Recently put together a new build, Ryzen 5 5600X, 2070Super, 16GB RAM, ASUS TUF B550Plus Mobo, NZXT Kraken X53, went to boot up and it gave me a CPU FAN error, so I browsed online and did some things it told me to do with Q-Fan and such. Rebooted, and Windows was diagnosing my PC and said I had a SrtTrail.txt log in the recovery partition of my PC, which is on an old HDD from a prebuilt which I've had zero problems with, and Windows couldn't start because of it. Any help?

Solution
Hi FreddoFoo.

You did not install a clean OS on that new system? You cannot use an OS from another computer in that new system. You have to reinstall Windows on the boot drive on the new system.

Unplug all drive and only leave the boot drive you want to install Windows on and reinstall the OS on that boot drive. Boot drive connected only so that Windows does not install any file systems on the other drives connected.
Hi FreddoFoo.

You did not install a clean OS on that new system? You cannot use an OS from another computer in that new system. You have to reinstall Windows on the boot drive on the new system.

Unplug all drive and only leave the boot drive you want to install Windows on and reinstall the OS on that boot drive. Boot drive connected only so that Windows does not install any file systems on the other drives connected.

Solution