Issues when trying to reinstall windows 7.

afaf12

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I have windows 7 on a CD (and USB as well) which does not get recognized on my laptop (Samsung NP RV520). I can boot from both successfully on 2 other machines.

My boot order is cd, usb, hdd ...

When I insert windows7 cd, it is ignored and I get the choice to start the existing win7 installation in normal or safe mode or repair. (I have succesfully booted XP and I'll try Ubuntu tomorrow as well.)

When I insert windows7 usb, computer freezes on the "Starting Windows" screen with logo.

The existing installation of windows 7 freezes on the login screen, no matter what mode I use. It takes about 15-30 minutes for it to get to the login screen (and then it freezes) or it freezes before and shows a blank black screen, for hours.

I did install UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) and tried to use boot managers from there, but all of them gave errors when I tried to boot from the windows 7 cd/usb, or the cd/dvd/usb did not get detected at all.

I tried following these instructions:
http://www.techdug.com/windows-7-install-cannot-boot-from-cd-code-5-problem-and-solution
But the cd/dvd drive did not appear on the list so I could not select it.

All I want to do is reinstall the windows7.

I also booted miniXP from Hiren CD successfully and ran a bunch of diagnostics tools. GMER showed 5 results in rootkit/malware, but I'm not sure how to interpret them.

Do these issues sound like something a virus in boot sector or MBR could do? That's a hunch I have, but I'm not a techie so I don't know.

Laptop in question had similar issues, according to owner, windows 7 was reinstalled at a service, and same problems started after a few days again.

I feel a bit lost at the moment, so I made this topic.

insert the CD in the drive close the drive drawer
start the computer, hold down the correct "F" button
(you will need to download the entire manual for this model from the manufacturer website) The manual will show you which "F" button to hold down during start-up.
The correct F button varies, according to model and manufacturer. It's different on other computers...
This "F" button takes you to a boot menu
boot from CD
Last known good configuration
System restore
etc...etc...
once you get to this boot menu you may be able to get CD to boot...
after the CD starts up select: "upgrade."
This reloads the OS without erasing your personal files and programs.

spiller

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
[quotemsg= Hi ya o see this old thread but did u get a fix on this? i have same problem and i have been stuck for a week solid about 50-70 man hrs tryin 2 sort this out. thanx