Apr 25, 2015
Hi

I just recently completed the following PC build:

- CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K
- Mobo: MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
- GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7800 XT
- RAM: 32GB
- PSU: Corsair PSU RM850e

I installed the latestet GPU Driver (23.11.1).. along the latest chipset and BIOS drivers ... my screen is LG OLED 65 C1

I ran Forza Horizon 5 4k Ultra setting and I was pleaseed to be getting +100 FPS..

However there was some niggly issues... when browsing suddenlly the colours will max out or go full contrast or something while moving mouse on youtube... also while in youtube full screen a grey/yellowy tint will suddenly apear untill I move the mouse then it will go and will reapear so i get forced to exit full screen to avoid that tint

Another thing I noticed is taht the GPU will be constanly at 99-100% despite the game being in the background...and there were the occaison when I got a sudden black screen and another occasion when i went back to the game and it was frozen like like ICE that i had to restart my PC

So I shut the game to see of the tint and contrast issue are still there and disabled any colour enhancement... and yet they still appear...

I was also concerned with 99% utilization so i decided to research if there are tweaks in AMD Adrelines that i can do to give teh GPU additional capacity... I use the test button (on Adrelanine) and its fine .. but it seems any tweek resulted in a black screen when the game is launched.

The seriouse problem now is that I put everything back to default and laucnhed the game and got 99% utilization with 10Fps which was scary so i mmediately shut the game..

One more additional anomoly (not sure if its related).. The motherboard is not recognizing the GPU in the bios .. also the MSI center... which is very weird as windows device manager + Lian Li L-Connectect-3 is showing the GPU and as I said beofre the FH5 was running very well

This is my first AMD GPU and im not familaer with the quirks... So I would appreciate some pointers before I do anything drastic which might make matters worst

Thanx for any help and guidence

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I installed the latestet GPU Driver (23.11.1).. along the latest chipset and BIOS drivers
I'll work backwards for this one. Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version? Did you install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? As for your GPU drivers, did you use DDU to remove you graphics drivers prior to reinstalling them?

MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

- Intel Core i5-12600K
- MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
- ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7800 XT
- Corsair PSU RM850e

This isn't how you list your specs. You should list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
I installed the latestet GPU Driver (23.11.1).. along the latest chipset and BIOS drivers
I'll work backwards for this one. Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version? Did you install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? As for your GPU drivers, did you use DDU to remove you graphics drivers prior to reinstalling them?

MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

- Intel Core i5-12600K
- MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
- ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7800 XT
- Corsair PSU RM850e

This isn't how you list your specs. You should list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K
- CPU cooler: Deepcool LT720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Mobo: MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI -
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory (3 years from older PC)DDR4
- Storage: 1- Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (system)
2- Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe Internal SSD
3- Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
- GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7800 XT
- PSU: Corsair PSU RM850e 2023 (New)
- Chassis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case
- Monitor : LG OLED 65 C1
- Bios: 7D31v1E
- Chipset: Ve. 10.1.19376.8374

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Sorry i did not see your questions as i thought you just quoted my message

Here are the answers :
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version
No i did not do that as noone of teh instruction videos (including MSIs official) required to do that.. but i went into teh Bios and teh latest version was stated there

Did you install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator
No i just double click to run teh install.. again there were no instructions spicifying this requirement

As for your GPU drivers, did you use DDU to remove you graphics drivers prior to reinstalling them?
This is brand new build.. there was no previouse driver

Latest posts