Question Issues with a Headset

Chris David

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
I got a Corsair HS45 7.1 Stereo near July 22, I've had little to no problems with it so far until Today. I connected to Discord to play with my friends and started hearing a weird static noise that wasn't present before, then my friend spoke which came out as a screeching static sound in my headphones, I thought something was wrong with the cable and such, so I disconnected it and reconnected it, it still didn't fix it, so i completely removed the headphone and restarted my PC and plugged it in back.

As its a 7.1 Stereo, it comes with a 3.5mm to USB DAC. I removed it and used it on my Green Port for the Speakers, it worked, no static or anything, but then my microphone didn't work anymore (not even detected) so I had to go back to using the USB DAC, not only does my mic not work, but the static is also back, so is the annoying screeching distortion that happens when a audio file is played ( not consistently, 3/5 times )

The iCUE software also doesn't detect my Headphones anymore, it used to, but now it doesn't. the wires were a bit tied up together and I had to constantly release them, but they'd go back to sticking together like rubber for no reason.

What am I supposed to do ? I got a bunch of video calls pertaining to College, my Games and all that stuff, I don't have another Headset/Mic to compensate for the time being and RMA will be next to impossible because of the COVID-19 Rules and Regulations in my Area.

EDIT:-, I did some testing on my phone with Discord and Voice Recorder, I don't get the static and the mic works perfectly, I am assuming this is a problem with the USB DAC, is there any way I can troubleshoot it ?

Last edited: