Question Issues with Asus X441UV after cleaning the internals

redzaimranrazman

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
I own an ASUS VivoBook Max X441UV (before the issues, it was on Windows 10 1903) and had it for almost 2 years since. I disassembled the laptop to clean the dust that it had built up after vigorous use for around the same time period. After assembling the laptop back, there were a couple of issues. The current issues that I'm facing is at point 3 and 4;

1. The first is the touch pad being unresponsive. All of the connection between the motherboard and the touch pad has been checked trice. There was and error with the i2C HID Device and tried to correct the issue with uninstalling and then restart the device. The touch pad did work but only for a short period of time before being unresponsive. I then proceeded with resetting my laptop via Settings but it didn't help. I did a clean installation with Windows 10 (version 1809) on a USB drive (touch pad was also not working at that time). Later updated it to 1903 and it still wouldn't want to work but another issue decided to pop-up.

2. The second issue that came to light after the first one is the battery issue. When I unplugged the laptop (it was at 91% and this was after the 1903 update), it just died. I wouldn't turn on if the AC adaptor is not connected. After connecting the AC adaptor and switching it on, it would display that the battery is plugged in, charging but no increase in percentage. I did a battery report via the command prompt and in the STATE column of Recent Usage, the last few times I restarted the device registered as Battery Switched. I switched it off and then removed the motherboard including the battery and cleaned the pins. Afterwards, I assembled them back together and now it's able to switch on without the need of AC adaptor connected all the time. Then came another issue.

3. The third one is that the laptop would only boot into BIOS and not into the SSD. I tried swapping it with the original HDD that it came with but no avail. The ribbon cables and the connection between the motherboard to the SSD is checked thrice. This was unresolved and remained an ongoing issue. Later, another one came.

4. The source of the last one is unidentifiable. The battery LED light would blink white 4 times together with a small pause in between. Could this be the battery dying? If so, could this be the cause of these issues?