[SOLVED] Issues with Audio

Jun 3, 2018
I just built my new PC not too long ago and made sure to properly install all my drivers and everything yet there seems to be an issue. Randomly my audio will stop working. It never goes out when it is being used but will just stop working when no audio is being played such as pausing a video on youtube. Restarting my PC fixes this however it's not ideal to do every time I want to hear a game or something. My headphone jack goes out with it as well. I have tried disabling and enabling my drivers to no avail. Sometimes I can get the PC to recognize my headphones when the issue is occurring and will then start playing sound but still no sound through my monitor. I made sure the sound was going to the right playback device, and checked everything but seems the only way to get it back up properly is a full restart. System specs as follows:
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ryzen 5 2600
2x8 GB Geil Evo Spear
Power Color Red Dragon RX 580
Cougar MX-330G Case

Solution
Playback device not switching itself, onboard vs GPU through HDMI for example. I've seen this on my HTPC a few times, but only on startup. I want to use green audio output, but booting on occasion would switch default to Nvidia HDMI output.
Playback device not switching itself, onboard vs GPU through HDMI for example. I've seen this on my HTPC a few times, but only on startup. I want to use green audio output, but booting on occasion would switch default to Nvidia HDMI output.

Solution