[SOLVED] Issues with battery on Dell Inspiron laptop ?

Jan 7, 2022
Hello,

A few months ago, my windows 10 dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop displayed a popup that the battery had been damaged and needed to be replaced. This had no large effect until a few weeks ago, when the battery could no longer hold a charge whatsoever. Here are some of the observations I have made. The laptop still functions while plugged in.

There has been several instances (before and after the failure) in which plugging in the AC power adapter into the laptop caused the adapter to lose power. Plugging the adapter into another outlet with it still plugged into the laptop will generally work. This effect was duplicated with my roommates AC adapter which I briefly borrowed to test.

Today I have purchased and installed a replacement battery and I am surprised to see that, once again, the charge is not keeping and the previous issue is still noticeable. Checking online it seems that the main issues for this problem either relate to a corruption of the motherboard or the BIOS installation.

Any advice on maintaining the life of the laptop will be appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This effect was duplicated with my roommates AC adapter which I briefly borrowed to test.
Does your roommate own the same laptop as you? If not, it's ill advice to use another laptop's power brick since some tend to have a specific power output and tolerance in spite of having what might seem to be the same pin to hook up to, on the output end.

I've had one instance where lack of a genuine battery and using the power brick as is without any safeguards(stabilizers or surge protectors), caused the motherboard to get fried. You could try and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending but if the issue is persistent with a genuine battery, then the motherboard might've been compromised(if a...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

This effect was duplicated with my roommates AC adapter which I briefly borrowed to test.
Does your roommate own the same laptop as you? If not, it's ill advice to use another laptop's power brick since some tend to have a specific power output and tolerance in spite of having what might seem to be the same pin to hook up to, on the output end.

I've had one instance where lack of a genuine battery and using the power brick as is without any safeguards(stabilizers or surge protectors), caused the motherboard to get fried. You could try and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending but if the issue is persistent with a genuine battery, then the motherboard might've been compromised(if a reinstall of the OS and BIOS update, while also checking to see that the ram aren't damaged) doesn't help.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution