Question Issues with cloning

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
Hey guys I'm try to clone my harddrive to a new SSD with Minitool partition wizard, I get to "I need to restart screen because the C: is in use" which I do, it does it's thing but I get an error code "24" any idea what this is and how to resolve it?

USAFRet

Titan
Hey guys I'm try to clone my harddrive to a new SSD with Minitool partition wizard, I get to "I need to restart screen because the C: is in use" which I do, it does it's thing but I get an error code "24" any idea what this is and how to resolve it?
First, details.

Which drives, both source and target.
Second, how much space is consumed on the source drive.
Third, what OS is this?
Fourth, use a proper cloning tool (we'll get into this later)

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
The source drive is the C drive which is using about 118 gigs of data, I'm trying to send it to the B drive which is 119 gigs of data on Windows 10. I might add that the C drive is partitioned into two parts, one partition is about 1 gig and the rest is 118 about.

USAFRet

Titan
The OP might have better luck starting the clone operation from scratch with a tool like CloneZilla.
CloneZilla used to be good.
But only if you're transferring to a same size or larger drive. CZ will only take into account the whole partition.

Current tools like Macrium Reflect work a lot better with different size drives, and only takes into account the size of the actual data, not necessarily the source partition size.