Issues with computer booting up

GreatIronPanda

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
So I was running 16 gig of ram and my computer was running great and my wife bought me another 16 gig of corsair lpx ram in 8gig modules. So I added the other two modules into the open slots and hit the power. The lights on the motherboard and my fans and my gpu all turned on but the screen remained blank and the motherboard didn't beep. So I shut her down and removed the new ram and this time added just one of the new sticks and turned it on and it worked. So I shut down again and removed that stick and tried the second new stick. This time everything lit up but the screen stayed blank and the motherboard didn't beep. So I tried that stick in a different slot and same thing happened again but as soon as I removed that stick and powered back on the computer fired up and I was in windows again. And it only does that with one of the new ram sticks.

I'm assuming that one of my new ram sticks is dead but I wanted a second opinion before I RMA them back to newegg.

Without a part number, I don't know what your memory is. A single kit is what is guaranteed. If purchasing single modules, they are intended to be used as single modules and not added to other modules or multiplied together.

No guarantee when mixing multiple kits or multiple single modules together. Increased voltages, looser DRAM Timings, and slower clock speeds may be needed to get such combinations to work together.

GreatIronPanda

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
And like I was saying only one of the modules seems to work but the second one no matter what slot I put it in the computer won't post but it I use the other one it starts up no problems at all. So I'm assuming the one stick is dead or faulty. As the other stick seems to work. All of the ram has the same timings they are all the same skew number and all the same ram brand and type.

TRENDING THREADS