Question Issues with CPU Voltage & Random Shut-downs

Jun 27, 2019
Since I purchased my current GPU and subsequent PSU my computer has been suffering from random crashes while playing games. These crashes happen on any game, from Fallout 3, to a say, more graphically intense game such as Escape From Tarkov. What occurs during these crashes is that my computer completely turns off, and I cannot boot it unless I wait 30 seconds, or flip the power supply switch, which leads me to suspect that this issue is relating to my power supply. My main question as to this is, should I buy a new power supply?

My PC's specs are as follows:
Graphics: AMD RX 580
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (3.6 GHz, Liquid cooled)
RAM: 8GB x 2 (T-Force DARK 2666, running at 2400 I believe)
PSU: EVGA 600w ATX 80+
Chipset: Prime B-350 Plus

Thanks in advance!

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

I'd say your suspicion is probably right. The sudden shut downs and having to wait or to cut the power to the PSU off before it can turn back on all kind of point to a faulty PSU.

How is general air flow/ventilation inside the case like and also ambient temps? Are you sure the PSU doesn't get too hot, therefore, the 30 seconds wait before it can spring back to life?

If you can/available test your system with another good/working PSU. If it doesn't shut down it's most probably the EVGA not playing nice.

Jun 27, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

I'd say your suspicion is probably right. The sudden shut downs and having to wait or to cut the power to the PSU off before it can turn back on all kind of point to a faulty PSU.

How is general air flow/ventilation inside the case like and also ambient temps? Are you sure the PSU doesn't get too hot, therefore, the 30 seconds wait before it can spring back to life?

If you can/available test your system with another good/working PSU. If it doesn't shut down it's most probably the EVGA not playing nice.

I was planning on buying a new PSU, however I have messed around with my BIOS settings and managed to fix an issue thats been bugging me a while; my processor's volts exceeding 1.4 V when its set to 1.35, and so far it has worked, yet I am not so sure. I played around with some of the aforementioned games at highest settings, and my volts never exceeded 1.4, which could have been my issue I presume, my PSU not being able to output enough juice, or something of the like, yet I am still thinking of buying a new PSU for the peace of mind, and system stability. And the reduced electricity bill. What would be you consideration?