Issues with current PSU

laddiemawery

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Right now I have an Ultra 750w PSU, that I purchased from tigerdirect about a year ago. It works just fine, but my only problem is that. I don't have a way to run a third hard drive without it dangling.

Im currently using the NZXT Phantom for my case if that matters at all also. My problem is that the PSU only has four SATA connectors split between two cables. So I'm able to power one of my SSD's and an HDD along with my optical drive. If I wanted to use my other SSD it would be dangling below the optical drive, which my common sense tells me that's not a good idea.

With what I currently have in my build a calc estimated it to use about 375w. I will be upgrading by video card to a Gigabyte GTX 770 within the next two weeks (I'm hoping to anyway). I didn't run anything to see how much that would use because the calc only has NVIDIA, AMD, and S3 Graphics to choose from and I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the NVIDIA card and the Gigabtye card in terms of how much power they used.

It'll end up being this when I end up getting the new graphics card though

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Intel 17 3770k
G.Skill 8gb RAM
Gigabtye GTX 770

I do also plan on upgrading to either 16 or 32gb of RAM in the near future also. Would 16gb be enough for editing footage in RAW 1080p and possibly 2k?

Can anyone recommend a good power supply for me to pick up? Also any tips on cable management or even a PSU that would make that easier (if there are any) would be greatly appreciated!

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Solution