[SOLVED] Issues with DUAL Monitor Setup via VGA and HDMI

Jul 28, 2021
Hi!

I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8 GB Graphics Card with 2X HDMI outputs.
My primary monitor is an HP 22inch 1080p@60hz which uses HDMI, and the secondary Monitor I'm planning to buy has a VGA output only with a resolution of (1366 * 768 )
I understand that I will have to use an HDMI-VGA converter for the second monitor, but the problem is, will my Graphics card support two different types of resolutions?

PC Spec: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M D3SH
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws, 16 GB ( 8 x 2 )
Graphics Card: Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB
Power Supply: Thermaltake Llitepower 550W
Casing: Gigabyte C200

Solution
It will run just fine with adapter. But running setup like this comes with certain limitations.
If you set them up to clone each other, the higher res screen will step down to resolution lower res screen.
When you set them up as independent secondary screen will remain blank unless some workload is targeted on that screen
If you set them to span workspace, in Windows 10 it's not a problem but the experience can be quite jarring.
If you intend to use the second screen to watch movies, bear in mind VGA is pure analog so you will
not be able display protected content like dvd's blurays and many streaming services as it cannot pass HDCP check

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
It will run just fine with adapter. But running setup like this comes with certain limitations.
If you set them up to clone each other, the higher res screen will step down to resolution lower res screen.
When you set them up as independent secondary screen will remain blank unless some workload is targeted on that screen
If you set them to span workspace, in Windows 10 it's not a problem but the experience can be quite jarring.
If you intend to use the second screen to watch movies, bear in mind VGA is pure analog so you will
not be able display protected content like dvd's blurays and many streaming services as it cannot pass HDCP check

Reactions: Oversight89
Solution
Jul 28, 2021
SO I should go for a similar res secondary monitor for the best result, right?