Issues with Ethernet Cable/Ethernet Connection

milo0221gaming

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
Ive gotten to a point where my computer has had multiple Ethernet related issues every single time I boot it up and this is just boggling me with how ridiculous the issue is and I've tried about 20 different possible solutions but none of them work.

For starters, this issue first arose with my old computer but the connection would work itself out here and there and since I thought the issue was related to my old computer, I figured the issue wouldn't arise with my newer computer. So then, I get the new computer and almost immediately upon booting it up, the issue continued.

Probably the worst thing about all this is that I'm getting different displayed errors on my Ethernet connection. Sometimes the computer symbol is yellow, sometimes it's red, and sometimes it will be flat out white and say that everything should be working fine but then it ends up turning out that it sometimes still won't work after that.

After tinkering with it, I'll find a solution that will work until the next time I turn on the computer. You would think I could just use the same solution as last time and there you go it would work but this almost never happens. It's as if Everytime I turn the computer on, a slightly different solution is necessary.

There was a couple times where the issue seemed to resolve itself without any actions from me.

As of right now, I need to a solution that will permanently fix everything instead of one that will only work once or a couple of times.

I think it's also important to note that I've unplugged the Ethernet cable and tried using it on my laptop and the Ethernet connection seems to work on my other computer so I don't think it's a cable issue????

I've reset network settings, ive disabled and enabled my Ethernet driver, I've clicked troubleshoot to hopefully let windows fix the issue, and I've added the network adress to the network drive. (And again, keep in mind that these solutions would sometimes work, but, they'd never permanently fix everything.

milo0221gaming

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
Well I guess that would be the next thing to try out but I also feel the need to mention that this issue arose on my home PC but I was able to fix it quite easily, but, when I tried the same solution on my PC, the issue was not resolved. So at that point, I'm starting to feel like it's an issue with by computer's NIC but if this still seems like a router issue, I'll trust your judgement and try calling my router