Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
First off, the hardware:
GA-EP35C-DS3R 775 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Processor
OCZ Platinum XTC Series 2GB PC-6400 DDR2 Revision 2 ram
Visiontek Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card
Corsair HX Series 620 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply

The bottom line is I have no video. I am unable to tell you what the bios rev is because I have no video. I bought the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card all brand new. I assembled the machine using proper ESD mats and straps with no issues. I powered the machine up with no monitor attached to simply verify that everything powered up. I received no post beeps of any sort. I then took the machine and attached it to a monitor and got no display. I re-checked all of my connections and tried again with the same result. At this point, I tried a different PCI-E video card. Same result. So far I have tried a EVGA 6600GT, a EVGA 6800GS, and the Visiontek HD3850 I just purchased. No video. I have tried two different monitors. Same result. I get no display at all. The power supply is a Corsair HX620 and the six pin power is connected to the video card. The hard drive is a Western Digital 74 GB Raptor that was in the machine prior to the parts upgrade and has Windows XP Pro/SP2 on it. My intent was to rebuild it with a fresh OS install once I can get video. As a last resort, I removed the ram to see if I could get any beeps from the motherboard. Sure enough on power up without ram, I got the expected beeps from the motherboard. I am at a loss and REALLY need assistance. Any and all help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

lovesbeer

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Heya bud! Well, hope i can help here, sounds like something i went threw, tho, may not be the same thing. Turned out i had bad ram, first boot, no lights on the keyboard and monitor would go into standby, nothing even came on screen, check your ram, hope this helps, GL :)

manimal29

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks for the reply! I'll check the ram again, and try to find some other DDR2 that I can test it with. Great username, BTW!