Question Issues with GPU Geforce GTX 780Ti

MacWhinny

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
Hi

So i installed a game that locked me out of my SSD. Not a recovery, reset from repair window, couldn't backdate or reinstall from the disk (Wouldn't allow mouse or keyboard input so a no go)
It was only till i set it as my second drive that i could see that everything was on there and seemed fine to me, that i could do a format and gain access to my SSD again to reinstall windows.

After that i was getting white lines across my screen (Covering a lot it to make it unplayable for gaming) after i installed the Nvidia drivers. But would sometimes work fine, but mostly would get that and may blue screen.

I've cleans my GPU, sad to say it was quite dusty o_O with no luck.
I had updated my Motherboards bios version about 2 maybe 3 weeks before i had these issues and had to reinstall windows, as i was attempting to overclock my CPU, but the update (Though was supposed to allow me to use the XVM or what ever its called so i could change things) still didn't give me that option in the profile.
I've installed the drivers with and without Geforce experience, with no luck

It's been suggested that it may be my VRAM as the card is going on 6 years old now.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated

MacWhinny

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-4670k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.20GHz)

ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z87: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR

3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

16GB ram

Samsung 860 evo 1tb SSD