Question Issues with Graphics Quality/Games Crash - AMD settings

Icetou87

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Alright so I recently bought the ASUS Dual RX 480 8GB. The rest of my system is Intel i5-4590 3.3Ghz with Intel boost technology enabled for auto-overclocking, but no fixed overclock and 16 Gigs of HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3 ram.

The issue. I will give Need For Speed Payback as an example game, as I tried mostly on this one..I want the graphics to be perfectly smooth, or anti-aliased to be more specific. I've tried so many options in the AMD Settings (got the Crimson software, version is 17.7) but nothing seems to work - either crashes-when I tweak the global/profile settings or doesn't change a thing, or both. I was wondering if that's voltage issue? Tried a few tweaks in the global wattman, but this didn't change a thing either. The card is not overclocked, it runs with 1266Mhz clock and 1150mV voltage in the gaming mode by default.

The cooling isn't an issue either, as I don't run with over 50C. It happens on every single game I try on, and I am starting to get frustrated. Am I missing anything? Could it be because of the auto-overclocked CPU? Any other option? Voltage? Oh and by the way, the PSU is Cooler Master, 600Watts.

Icetou87

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I've just updated it, but it doesn't make any graphical change, on the bright side it doesn't crash anymore when I tweak the settings (not yet at least).

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
If you're no longer crashing, you're half way there. :)

I always go straight to the in-game graphic settings to make adjustments. Making adjustments in the driver is not reliable in my opinion as the game can override those settings.

Icetou87

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I did manage to sort of fix it, I mean it doesn't crash anymore and graphics are decent - still not fully what I am trying to achieve but I will get there!

TRENDING THREADS