Question Issues with Intel Ethernet Controller 1225-V

Dec 13, 2022
Just replaced motherboard with an Asus Z690 Tuf Gaming Wifi d4, LAN adapter shows it is working correctly however it is not recognizing a tested and verified cable/router connection, having to use wifi connection for now. After many hours looking up solutions, updating BIOS/Drivers/firmware I was finally able to connect to my router by lowering LAN adapter to 10mbps either half or full duplex. Of course this is very slow. When I get home I'm going to try putting a switch in between router and PC and see if that helps. From what I can tell this adapter has had issues across multiple motherboards, but so far I haven't found a solution that works; I really really don't want to have to take this motherboard back and reinstall everything, any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Asus Z690 Tuf Gaming Wifi D4
Intel 12700k
Radeon rx 6750 xt
Intel 1225-V network adapter.

All the 2.5g adapters had issues but that was almost a year ago and they have mostly fixed it. The problem was more performance rather than the port not connecting at the proper speed.

What the most likely issue is you have either a fake cable or a poor quality cable. The 2.5g ports seem to be much more sensitive to cables that not actually meet the standards for ethernet. You do not need anything fancy it will even run at 2.5g on cat5e on shorter cables. It should of course drop back to the standard 1gbit.

Check you cables. You want to be sure it is pure copper (no cca) and has wire size 22-24. There is a massive amount of that flat cable that has wires way too small to meet the requirements to be a actual ethernet cable.

Dec 13, 2022
All the 2.5g adapters had issues but that was almost a year ago and they have mostly fixed it. The problem was more performance rather than the port not connecting at the proper speed.

What the most likely issue is you have either a fake cable or a poor quality cable. The 2.5g ports seem to be much more sensitive to cables that not actually meet the standards for ethernet. You do not need anything fancy it will even run at 2.5g on cat5e on shorter cables. It should of course drop back to the standard 1gbit.

Check you cables. You want to be sure it is pure copper (no cca) and has wire size 22-24. There is a massive amount of that flat cable that has wires way too small to meet the requirements to be a actual ethernet cable.
Thanks for the response. I would be very surprised if it's a cable issue. I tried multiple patch cables, then tested those same cables with my laptop. The issue follows the NIC. As a last attempt I'm going to get some cat6 from work and make another cable when I get home. Oh and my cables are testing fine with a network cable tester. I just find it curious that the NIC will detect the cable if set to 10mbs, but any other connection speed it shows no connection.

Dec 13, 2022
I put a switch in-between my modem/router and PC, now connects at any speed. Going to have ATT send me a newer router and see if that solves it. An annoying issue to say the least, but at least I don't have to return the motherboard and install everything all over again.