[SOLVED] Issues with keyboard key functions

May 30, 2021
So I have 2 keyboards and out of nowhere I noticed my keyboard functions broke sort of. The windows key doesn’t work anymore and the alt key opens the windows menu instead. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work either and nor does my Alt z shortcut got the nvidia overlay. Just to clarify all these keys work If I were to type and stuff like that. Moving on, I plugged my other keyboard in and everything works perfectly fine all the short vid and the windows key. I have a software for the keyboard doesn’t work and all the keys are set to default function.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution
May 30, 2021
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
I haven’t download any new apps that turn on at startup I don’t think they are an issue since everything worked just yesterday. Only new thing I downloaded is OBS.

May 30, 2021
Also I forgot to add something, my shortcut for recording clips using nvidia is alt g but it started opening the Xbox game bar instead. When I use another keyboard it does the correct function and starts recording instead of opening game bar.

Colif

Win 11 Master
random

do you know what keys it was?

Life tip: keep cats away from keyboards as they can perform keyboard shortcuts that can break keybaord functions. I realise that isn't case here, your answer just reminded me of it :)