Issues with Keyboards

rivian2805

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Hello,

I have an issue that might be either really bad luck or a fault with my PC.

Recently I spilled juice over my keyboard and it didnt recover after drying. You would be surprised how often one needs the button "E". Either way, in the meanwhile i used an older keyboard w/o problems that also had a slightly broken "i" button that still worked though. It was a solution till my new Keyboard arrived. Well a few days later the new one arrived, and it worked but every second time the PC went into standby or when I restarted it, the keyboard would not be recognized. I had to restart multiple times so it would work again, then flawlessly, till the next failure.

I thought it was the keyboard, so I decided to return it and order a second one. This time I ordered the same keyboard that I spilled juice on originally (same keyboard as the first one that I destroyed)

Now this one arrived and it keeps spamming "^^^^^^^^^^^^^" and "------------------" for no reason every other time. It gets recognized, you can type but every other second it just spams those 2 signs.

Is this a fault from my PC or did I get 2 bad keyboards? I should add that my mouse has no issues at all. The keyboard with the broken "i" which i use to type is working fine as well. No issue, nothing.

Thanks in advance

Solution
ok so this happened to me before, you have to reinstall your keyboard drivers, after that every thing should be fine, i dont remeber exactly how i did it but there probably is a tutorial for it on youtube for it.

tschrock36

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
ok so this happened to me before, you have to reinstall your keyboard drivers, after that every thing should be fine, i dont remeber exactly how i did it but there probably is a tutorial for it on youtube for it.

Solution