Jul 9, 2021
Hi All,

NEED HELP!

I just installed a new MSI B560M FDH-Pro motherboard, with an Intel i7 11700KF.
I have a brand new m.2 drive (Kingston - SKC2500M8/250G) installed, a 1TB SSD (Samsung 2.5" 860 QVO - from the old PC - wiped)
Installed Windows 10 on the m.2 drive and started installing Steam, MSI Dragon Centre etc onto the SSD. MSI Dragon Centre didnt originally install until after a restart.

Now here's where it gets whack..

I was playing with BIOS for fan Smart Fan setting etc. My water pump (4 pin) is plugged into the PUMP header, and was showing at 0rpm but it was physically going at full 100%.. It would either run 0% or 100% on PWM.
Moved it to the CPU1 header - same thing. So i tried changing it to DC - this seemed to work as long it was above 5V... Once playing with some settings i eventually got it run at 6V between 0 and 40 deg and increase gradually as it gets hotter... I finished this, saved changes and went into Windows.. not only did the pump only run for about 30 seconds before turning off completely, my SSD was completely gone..
Restarted and went into BIOS again, both m.2 and SSD were plugged in and visble. ok... back into windows, SSD not visible...
I restarted multiple times, plugged the SSD into different SATA ports on the mobo, bios showing all changes but as soon as i get into windows - nothing - and the Pump is still not playing ball..

So here i am right now, trying to format both the m.2 and SSD from the Windows Setup screen - attempting to boot from a USB to completely restart everything. SSD not visble, and M.2 Drive split into 3 partitions..
I am going to attempt to do a fresh reinstall Windows on the m.2.. but that doesnt solve my issue of
a) why is the SSD showing in the BIOS but not anywhere else.
b) wtf is going on with the water pump, why will it not work on anything but 0% or 100% on smart PWM, why is it cutting out on DC when ive set it to be at 6V between 0-40 deg..

Any help would be awesome because i am stumped rn..

Last edited:
Solution
SOLUTION:
did a bios flash and another clean install of windows to fix the SSD issue - and controlled all the fans and Pump via DC (not PWM) via BIOS, NOT MSI's terrible software.
Jul 9, 2021
SOLUTION:
did a bios flash and another clean install of windows to fix the SSD issue - and controlled all the fans and Pump via DC (not PWM) via BIOS, NOT MSI's terrible software.

Solution