Jun 24, 2019
Greetings people of Tom's Hardware!

I recently updated from 4 sticks of 4gb each (total of 16gb) of Kingston Hyper-x Fury 2133mhz to 2 sticks of 16gb each of Corsair Vengeance LPX (BOTH on DDR4).

Ever since i updated i've had extreme stability issues, crashes and performance losses.

Crashes include BSOD with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error codes, crashing to desktop when launching games i casually played before, audio cracking, frame skipping and a few more.

I memtested the new DRAM (Corsair) and it showed no hardware issues. After a normal boot, i received a notification to update my drivers upon restart, my pc restarted, and once it launched, it started crashing with BSOD. Games, videos, chrome, system interfaces could not launch.

My motherboard is Gigabyte z270x ultra gaming rev 1.0. Ram is positioned as-per-the-manual instructions, recognized by windows and cpu-z.
Processor: I7-7700k
Gpu(s): GTX1080ti OC --SLI--

Other notes: Formated and cleanly installed drivers, enabled xmp for the dram clocks to actually work at 2400mhz, win10 64 bit, latest drivers installed.

After installing my old (kingston) DRAM back, everything worked normally. I seriously think it's a BIOS setting or something of the sort, but i'm interested to see, what do you guys think?

I recently updated from 4 sticks of 4gb each (total of 16gb) of Kingston Hyper-x Fury 2133mhz to 2 sticks of 16gb each of Corsair Vengeance LPX (BOTH on DDR4).
That is the problem when you mixed the RAM. Try to manually to tweak the RAM timing, speed. Otherwise return the new set, sale the old set, then buy the 2x 8GB.
For the info from corsair, go to the "Corsair Memory FAQ" section, almost down to the bottom section, then go to the #14 question " 14) I have two Corsair Memory modules that work fine together but when I add two more modules of the matching part number, they won?t work. " https://www.corsair.com/us/en/FAQs

Jun 24, 2019
Since you don't list a link to the memory or a part number, I would not know what you have.

Combining memory modules sold as Single modules have no guarantee to be compatible together if used in multiples.
It seems that i failed to convey exactly what i did here.

I replaced the old 4x4 with, 2x16.

Meaning i'm only using 2x16=32gb currently.

The memory's number is : CMK32GX4M2A2400C14

I also performed a bios reset and a factory default settings from my bios. It then picked up my RAM and its frequencies, but still, today my pc crashed again.

None of the above issues present themselves when i use my old ram set.