[SOLVED] Issues with network card/Peripherals disconnecting or not booting at all

Sep 9, 2019
Hello! First time posting here.

I had my pc for a few years and it sometimes booted with no usb peripherals/internet connection. One month ago it stopped booting completely and I ended up replacing some of the parts (motherboard, ram sticks, psu) trying to remove/identify the problem.
I still have issues with the internet connection (the network card doesn't show up in device manager most of the times) and peripherals.
I sent the motherboard to warranty and they sent it back, saying the internet is working just fine. Right now it's either my SSD or CPU, do you think the CPU can cause problems like this? I feel hopeless already..

P.S: I already tried multiple versions of windows. Another thing I want to mention is that the internet usually works when I switch the positions of the ram sticks or reset the cmos battery.

I really appreciate all the answers and help! Thanks in advance

Solution
In your BIOS, try going to "Settings > Advanced > Realtek ( R ) Ethernet Connection". Take a look at the driver information and configuration for any ideas on what might be wrong.
Sep 9, 2019
My parts:
MOBO: MSI Z270-A PRO
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
PSU: Corsair VS650
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
No PCI-e add-on cards, just a mouse, keyboard and audio interface plugged in.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019
Update: I just installed Windows on a different hard drive just to make sure the issues are not related to my SSD.. the only culprit left is the CPU I guess. I did run Intel's CPU test but everything came out fine. Do you think the CPU can cause issues like this?

Thanks