Issues with network card

Vileshade

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Recently upgraded a load of stuff in an old PC which I hadn't used in about 9 months but I seem to be having issues with the wireless connection. Just wanted to ask if there is anything I should try before replacing the network card, or which network card is best for me to buy if I do need to replace it.

The current card is about 5 years old, it's an Asus PCE-Nh3. I got the driver for it and installed that. The new motherboard is an MSI z370 PC Pro. At the moment the card seems to work fine for a few minutes after I restart the PC, but then drops to 1mb/s or less after that, and will occasionally drop connection completely for a little while. My laptop connection is fine so I know it's not the connection itself.

If I do need to replace it then the budget is as high as it needs to be within reason. The hub in this house is on the floor below me, and it has 5G and normal connections available (although I'm not entirely sure what that means admittedly but it's not my hub, I just know they're both there and give slightly different speeds). If you need any more information just ask, and thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Wireless is tough to find issues. Check that the antenna are tighly connected...and not blocked by your case. Turning the around may help.

The card you select needs to match your router. You do not want to buy a really fancy card and when you have a older router. In general a dual band card that has 2 antenna...ie 1200m speed number... with match most routers. Running the third and fourth antenna will run a little faster but it adds less and less as you add more antenna. Again your router must also support this.
Wireless is tough to find issues. Check that the antenna are tighly connected...and not blocked by your case. Turning the around may help.

The card you select needs to match your router. You do not want to buy a really fancy card and when you have a older router. In general a dual band card that has 2 antenna...ie 1200m speed number... with match most routers. Running the third and fourth antenna will run a little faster but it adds less and less as you add more antenna. Again your router must also support this.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS