[SOLVED] Issues with new build - BSOD following start of windows installation - EZ Debug CPU light on, will not post

Aug 16, 2019
Specs -
Mobo - MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (w/ stock cooler)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage - Samsung 970 EVO
GPU - Old MSI 1060 6GB
Case - h500
GPU - Seasonic Plus Gold 650W

After building the pc, I got into bios, enabled XMP, and then attempted to install windows. It copied all files, and then my computer immediately got a BSOD, with the code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Every time I now try to turn on the system, I get no display, and the red EZ Debug CPU light is on.

So far I have attempted to reseat the memory, and remove the GPU, to no avail.

I don't know if this is useful information, but I previously had the EZ Debug VGA light on, which was fixed by putting the GPU into the other PCI-e slot on the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: All fans work and no other debugs lights are on

Solution
Probably its a memory problem because the only thing you change was to enable xmp and i read on the internet that this BSOD can occured from the memory. I have b450 tomahawk with 3600 when trying to overclock my memory many times i ended up to cpu ez debug led and my pc not posting at all. I suggest you to remove the cmos battery for 5-10 minutes so the bios can reset to default values and place it back again. Also try to boot with only one stick of ram.
Probably its a memory problem because the only thing you change was to enable xmp and i read on the internet that this BSOD can occured from the memory. I have b450 tomahawk with 3600 when trying to overclock my memory many times i ended up to cpu ez debug led and my pc not posting at all. I suggest you to remove the cmos battery for 5-10 minutes so the bios can reset to default values and place it back again. Also try to boot with only one stick of ram.

Last edited:
Solution