[SOLVED] Issues with new build components!

timgeorgehall

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015
I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and an MSI Radeon 5700, and have installed them both into my new Tomahawk B450 motherboard.

My pc starts up fine and launches windows, however my gpu isn’t recognised on my device manager. I can see the fan running and it is detected when I use CPUID but MSI’s software doesn’t pick it up either.

I’ve heard that there are compatibility issues with some versions of windows (I’m currently on 8.1) so I’m upgrading to 10 as we speak To see if it sorts it.

Does anyone know of any other things I might have forgotten or issues I need to sort out to fix this? Would be so much help as I’ve built one other pc before but I’m still not that proficient. Thanks.

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and an MSI Radeon 5700, and have installed them both into my new Tomahawk B450 motherboard.

My pc starts up fine and launches windows, however my gpu isn’t recognised on my device manager. I can see the fan running and it is detected when I use CPUID but MSI’s software doesn’t pick it up either.

I’ve heard that there are compatibility issues with some versions of windows (I’m currently on 8.1) so I’m upgrading to 10 as we speak To see if it sorts it.

Does anyone know of any other things I might have forgotten or issues I need to sort out to fix this? Would be so much help as I’ve built one other pc before but I’m still not that proficient. Thanks.
Did you install GPU and chipset drivers ?

I downloaded the drivers from the disk included in the box but when trying to install the gpu drivers using Radeon software installer it says I have an unsupported OS

the motherboard disk won’t install any drivers when I click install, for some reason
Disks that come with HW are usually quite old, please get newest ones from AMD site https://www.amd.com/en/support

Solution