Issues With New PC

Logan Goss

Honorable
May 6, 2013

How do I permanently turn on vsync? I know how to do it in each game and stuff, but how can I turn it on from my desktop? I have it enabled in the CCC but I've read online that that doesn't do anything. And I haven't noticed any changes after enabling it in the CCC.

First a "rippling effect" does not sound like a screen tearing problem from Vsync being turned off. That sounds more like interference from a analog signal usually from a bad cable.

If you are getting that effect just sitting at the desktop then it has nothing at all to do with vsync. Sounds more like interference. Could be a bad video cable. How are you connecting your rig to the monitor? You might need to try a new cable if you are using VGA I would get a DVI cable and see if that will solve the problem as analog(VGA) can introduce interference although not that common it can happen with any analog signal.

Logan Goss

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It is currently connected by VGA. I was thinking of trying DVI instead as a first option to see if it fixes it as it's the cheapest option.

edwardsmith

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Check your VGA cable and power cable of your monitor the both of them attach proper. if they attach proper then you need to make a contact with " Gateway Support " team member of your computer all the best.