[SOLVED] Issues with new prebuilt

Dec 3, 2021
Gigabye B560 DS3H AC-Y1/Intel Core i7-11700f/MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB/Neo Forza 16GB 3000 DDR4

Userbenchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48334270

Not exactly tech savvy so figured I would come here. Just recently bought a cheaper prebuilt with no expectations of it being a beast obviously. Wasn't really expecting how it performed though. In 5v5 comp in csgo when I'm only around my team and not all the other players my FPS is fine, when someone tries to attack a bombsite and theres a bunch of shooting and such going on near me my FPS drops pretty dramatically. Was getting anywhere from 400+ during some parts and it dropping down to like 120-140 during some gunfights. In a private server by myself my fps is sky high. My graphics settings in csgo are all set to the lowest just because that's how I've always played it anyways. My CPU temps on afterburner also randomly go from whatever they're reading at the time to 0 for a split second and then right back up to whatever they were at. This is while idle or not. They don't do it all at once. Some cores do it at the same time but some of them do it sporadically by themselves.

Afterburner while playing cs (you can see where I close the game after like an hour) : View: https://imgur.com/a/Qt1BCK9

Also bought a Thermaltake TH240 to replace the stock cooler (again not tech savvy, no idea really how good it is) and when playing games or doing anything that makes the CPU work harder (im assuming) I can feel the fans or the pump (I think its one of the two?) speed up through the desk while playing and its very distracting. Also a buzz/vibration sound that seems like it speeds up and slows down with the fan but I'm not sure. Don't really hear the buzz/vibration unless I'm in game though. Mainly CS. Don't remember hearing it in Rocket League as much.

Sound cooler is making :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLS1NOlPVBc&ab_channel=NevskiLoL

Solution
Faster cpu, as in greater single thread performance. Many games are still bound by a single thread, one which handles all commands run through the game engine.

It's boosting just fine. It's more like Thread 1 has too much stuff to do, or it's not fast enough for the settings you want to run.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
From the screenshots, you're frequently maxing out the first thread.
Not much to be done about that beyond:
-a faster cpu.
-cutting back on some of the background applications, including the browser and whatever IBP may have installed that you don't really use.
-increasing the gpu eye candy to try and give that thread less work.

That going to 0C is a new feature and is normal. That specific core - not the whole cpu - is just going to sleep briefly.

Dec 3, 2021
From the screenshots, you're frequently maxing out the first thread.
Not much to be done about that beyond:
-a faster cpu.
-cutting back on some of the background applications, including the browser and whatever IBP may have installed that you don't really use.
-increasing the gpu eye candy to try and give that thread less work.

That going to 0C is a new feature and is normal. That specific core - not the whole cpu - is just going to sleep briefly.
When you say a faster CPU, what exactly do you mean? Does the turbo boost to 4.9 from 2.5 not help as much as I would think?
Thanks for the feedback.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Faster cpu, as in greater single thread performance. Many games are still bound by a single thread, one which handles all commands run through the game engine.

It's boosting just fine. It's more like Thread 1 has too much stuff to do, or it's not fast enough for the settings you want to run.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS