Issues with News/Errors on TomsGuide

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I'll start with Tomshardware:
1) On news articles, clicking "Display more comments" does nothing. You click it, the 3 loading circles appear...and "Display more comments" reappears, so its as if I never clicked "Display more comments". No more comments are loaded in.
= There are no newer comments available or it just isn't working.

2) Bring back direct quoting on news articles. The way it is set up now, you click the quote button at the top of comments, and it brings you to the forum version of the article. This is just another step on my bugged to hell/slow Droid RAZR.

TomsGuide:
1) Clicking the quote button under comment box aka Direct link to forum version of article, results in a new white page, "You do not have the required permissions".

2) Posting a comment on a TomsGuide article results in a red box appearing under comment box "ERROR (some other stuff, can't replicate every time)."

3) Report button on article comments opens a window with spinning circle (as it should), but nothing appears in the window. So basically the pop up is loading in an infinite loop. Eventually circle stops spinning.

----------------------
Used both Firefox 20.0.1 + IE10.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
We're aware of the issue currently with article commentary, and are working to address it. Please bear with us during this, and pardon our dust. Thanks for the heads-up on this, by the by!

slomo4sho

Distinguished

Thanks, here I was thinking my account was being limited since I kept getting errors when adding comments to specific articles.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
The issue is still being worked on, though we had some positive developments on this today. Unfortunately there was an issue with the patch and it had to be rolled back. The devs have narrowed down the root cause of the issue, and hopefully will have a fix up for it before too long.

Was this fixed? I am having very similar problems but only on my work computer. It says that there are ## comments but can only view top comments and other comments clicking display more comments does nothing. What are the browser requirements for the updated website? We use IE8 on XP and cannot install or use any other browser even portable versions the EXE is detected as malicious software.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Not sure about the compatibility on IE8/XP for the new system. I know we design for at minimum two iterations back, IE10/9 in this case. Are you able to read the comments on the forum?

Comments can be read and submitted in the forum. The problem is really with the reading all of comments of the news articles. Using IE10 it seems to work fine. I think it is a browser compatibility issue because when using IE8 stuff is in the wrong places and all of the icons and badges are all messed up.