Issues with PC after First Restart Following a Clean Installation

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my 6-month old PC as I needed a work PC at my office. What you see below are the parts I used for my work PC along with the new parts I purchased. Prior to switching parts, I wiped out the SSD in which Windows was installed using Windows' integrated/standrrd software in Settings.

My Work PC Build:
- Ryzen 5 1600 + Stock Cooler
- Asrock AB350 Pro4
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8Gb 3200Mhz
- Zotac GTX 950 2Gb (NEW) - Chinese Refurbished GPU bought for 50$ in China from a trusted platform.
- Seasonic S12II 520w EVO
- Phanteks Eclipse P300 (NEW)
- Netac 120Gb SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2Tb 7,200rpm (NEW)

Below are my complete steps in order:

I installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit using a USB Flash Drive. Windows installed without a problem so no issues here. I saw that my Seagate HDD wasn't showing up, so I went and created a Partition for it: the "D" drive. I initiated a restart and Windows won't boot.

After several force restarts, I managed to go back to my USB's Windows Media and managed to reinstall it. Same thing here except that the "D" drive showed up in THIS COMPUTER but wasn't formatted properly. I tried to right-click and then format it but for some reason it kept crashing, also tried to go on hard disk partitioner but it kept showing blank. Naturally, I decided to restart my computer again and started facing the same issue and Windows can't seem to boot.

Now I've noticed a few things here...
The Motherboard boot screen is unusually long. It will stay there for more or less 60 seconds. I can access the BIOS.

(First test, the USB flash drive with Windows is disconnected)
If I wait past the motherboard boot screen and do nothing two things can happen:
1. Black screen.
2. Infinite Windows boot with loading until I get a black screen but I can see my mouse.

(Second test, the USB flash drive with Windows is connected and Boot order prioritises USB)
After passing the long motherboard boot screen, Windows will load for 5 minutes, and then 2 things can happen:
1. Black screen and I can see my mouse. Doesn't go further.
2. Black screen but I cannot see my mouse. After 10 minutes the screen goes blue. Another 10 minutes, I enter the Windows Setup. (Still took a whole 20 minutes to get to Windows Setup)

(Third test, Windows Setup)
1. I tried to go in safe mode but didn't find the option. Tried to boot Windows anyways but I am getting the same results.
2. Tried automatic repair but it can't solve the issue. I also got a log file.

Useful side note: GPU fans are off during 80-90% of this entire testing process. Usually turns off 10 seconds after turning on the PC. Sometimes it comes back on at random levels of my testing process and eventually turns off again. However, when Windows was freshly installed, it worked properly and was constantly on.

Any input about this is greatly appreciated. I've spent several hours on this and I am desperate to find a solution as I need to get back to work!!! I also don't understand as the parts are pretty much the same as they were before.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
When you went to the disk management the first time are you sure you created D on the correct drive?

IE, the HDD wasn't showing as D because you hadn't formatted it yet? So thus when you went in you should have seen your C drive as 'system' and the other drive as unallocated space. Correct?

I would personally go in and disconnect all but the drive you want for OS (SSD), reseat your RAM and try to reinstall or see if boots correctly.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
When you went to the disk management the first time are you sure you created D on the correct drive?

IE, the HDD wasn't showing as D because you hadn't formatted it yet? So thus when you went in you should have seen your C drive as 'system' and the other drive as unallocated space. Correct?

I would personally go in and disconnect all but the drive you want for OS (SSD), reseat your RAM and try to reinstall or see if boots correctly.

Solution
I think you are both right. I reset my BIOS setting to default and disconnected the Hard Drive. Windows booted without a problem. I think the HDD is faulty because I bought 3 HDD total and Windows will not boot when this specific HDD is plugged in. When I boot with the other 2 HDDs, Windows boots fine, partitioning worked normally.

Thanks for your help guys.