Issues with pc that im building

dehosmer

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I have recently built a new computer for a friend with parts that I acquired off newegg and ebay but have ran into some difficulty with the built. I completed the assembly successful and installed windows 10 everything seemed to work fine but whenever I run a game it crashes after a short period of time, between immediately and ~10 minutes. I am not sure of the issue but I am going to list the specs and where I purchased them an I hope you guys have some insight of what to focus on in my troubleshooting efforts.

i7 4770 [ebay]
CRYORIG M9i Mini Tower CPU cooler [newegg]
Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V (rev 1.0) [newegg refurbished]
120GB PNY SSD for OS [newegg]
1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM for storage [had lying around]
750 watt corsair PSU [bestbuy]
2x8GB Mushkin Enhanced ECO2 DDR3L 1600 [newegg]
MSI 1050 Ti [had lying around]

So far the build runs smooth for just casual use and bench marked on pass-mark in the 90 percentile but in actual gaming is useless.

What I have tried so far
Monitored Temps everything runs cool
updated all drivers and tried older GPU drivers as well
unhooked and reassembled the entire build
ran memsched.exe (no errors)

Concerns
The Ram is DDR3L and not on the recommended RAM list could this cause the issue?
GPU does not use PSU connectors and is powered by the PCI slot exclusively. Could there be an issue supplying power
Motherboard is refurbished so this may be an issue

I have an extra LGA1150 motherboard the MSI H81M-E33 that I could try to use but I am wary of moving the components over as it only has a 4 Pin CPU power on the board and if powering the video card is an issue that wouldn't help. I have 1 extra 8GB corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 I can try and use as a known good spare which I will try next if no one has any better suggestions.

dehosmer

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Yup it was the RAM, replaced it with some DDR3 Corsair Vengeance and it works perfectly.