Question Issues with power supply

Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys I am from India. I need some help with my PC, it has causing me problems from last month or so. My PC is nearly 2 and half years old and never caused any problems up til now. Due to this I have changed my ram and hard drives which are 10-15 days old. Let me explain my problem:

MY configuration is-

Case - CorsairAir 240

Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming

CPU - Intel Core i5 8400 2.8 Ghz

Graphics Card - Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 - 2GB

RAM - 16(8X2) GB Kingston Hyper 3200 Mhz

Storage - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB

So earlier I was using Corsair VS450 since 2018 till past month and it was working fine but suddenly it started causing problems for me.
I don't know what the issue was but my computer would randomly restart and it would cause the windows booting problem. Sometimes it would restart withing 1 hour or so after booting up my PC and sometimes it wouldn't restart for 3-4 hrs upto 7 hrs.
So I did the research online and found out that there is an issue in my power supply and I should get a new one.
I asked here and someone suggested to me go for any decent 450w unit and you will be fine but I went with Corsair TX550M, which is more than sufficient for my build.
So now I am using my new PSU(550M) and my PC is working fine but on the second day there is a loud pop sound and my PC shuts down.
I open my my PC and see there is nothing wrong no smoke nothing is damaged and there is power on my motherboard but when I try to boot it up nothing happens.
So I thought my PSU is damaged and I hook my old PSU(VS450) to PC and it starts working but with the same issue of randomly restarting.
So I go to the vendor from where I purchased the TX550M and got it replaced. Now I installed it again and start using my PC but the same thing happened again, on the second day it made a loud pop noise but this time the difference was ,it was 8 in the morning and I was asleep and the PC was not booted up. But it was connected to power switch which was on.
So again inspected the PC everything was fine, there was power to motherboard but this time the PC booted up and it was working fine.
I used it for couple of hours and then suddenly there was the loudest pop (I have ever heard) and the PC shutdown. This time there was no power at all in my motherboard and plus the power socket in which my PC was plugged in also got damaged.

Now next day I installed my old PSU (VS4450) and replaced the power socket with new one and booted up my PC. Same old problem again my PC worked for around 5-6 hrs and then it randomly restarts and if I don't shut it down for an hour or so it keeps on restarting every few minutes.

Can anyone please tell me what is the issue with my PC??

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020
Thanks. I know what a Corsair TX550M is.

So you do not know the lot code of the original or the replacement?

The lot code can be found as the first eight digits of the serial number. This is found on either the PSU label or on the box.
Sorry man i returned it yesterday. I have no idea